TOLPAKAN™ Healing Method Level 1 Training
Program User Agreement
TOLPAKAN™ Healing Method Level 1 Training
Program User Agreement
Academy of Light Medicine
Karen Kan, LLC
This TOLPAKAN Healing Level 1 Program User Agreement (“Agreement”) contains the terms and conditions which apply to participating in the TOLPAKAN Healing Level 1 Training Program (the “Program”) created and developed by Dr. Karen Kan (the “Presenter”) and sponsored by Karen Kan, LLC, doing business as the Academy of Light Medicine (the “Academy”). By purchasing and participating in the Program, you are agreeing to be legally bound by this Agreement. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, please do not purchase the Program. These terms and conditions may be updated from time to time without notice to you. You should review the KarenKan.com website periodically for changes to these terms and conditions.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. The information presented during the Program, including ideas, teachings, protocols, methods, resources, handouts, processes, tools, charts, suggestions, techniques, videos, audio recordings, products, and other materials (collectively the “Materials”) is educational in nature and is provided only as general information and is not medical or psychological advice, diagnosis, treatment, or opinion. You understand that the Program is solely intended for your own personal, non-commercial home use as an educational self-help tool for personal growth and empowerment. Therefore, you are prohibited from making and/or distributing copies of the Program, including any of the Materials.
2. You understand by participating in the Program, you will be introduced to information about the TOLPAKAN™ Healing Method, an energy-based method created by the Presenter which is considered part of the newly emerging field of energy medicine (“TKH”). TKH is designed to clear and balance an individual’s energetic blueprint and restore optimal levels of life force energy. As a result, it can provide the opportunity to create new higher vibrational energy blueprints by using Divine Muscle Testing™ to connect to Source energy with the intention to promote harmony and balance within, relieve stress, and support the body’s natural ability to heal. The theory of energy medicine methods such as TKH is that the flow and balance of the body’s electromagnetic and more subtle energies are important for physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health, and for fostering well-being.
3. In addition to offering the Program to the general public, you understand the Program is also part of the curriculum required by the Academy for the TOLPAKAN™ Healing Practitioner Certification Program (the “Certification Program”). Upon successful completion of all of the required programs and other components for the Certification Program, you will have the option of applying to become a Certified TOLPAKAN Healing Practitioner, granting you the right to identify and represent yourself as a TOLPAKAN Healing Practitioner. You understand and agree that participating in the Program does not confer formally or informationally any type of certification process as a practitioner of TKH nor the right to teach or train others in TKH. Therefore, you may not represent yourself as a TOLPAKAN Healing Practitioner (certified or otherwise) or advertise that you use TKH until you have successfully completed the Certification Program.
4. Although TKH appears to have promising emotional, mental, spiritual, and physical health benefits, it has yet to be researched by the Western academic, medical, and psychological communities and therefore, is considered experimental. The practice of TKH is self-regulated and it’s considered to be an alternative or complementary approach to health and wellness. Since TKH is a relatively new healing approach and the extent of its effectiveness, as well as its risks and benefits are not fully known, you agree to assume and accept full responsibility for any and all risks associated with using TKH and for applying what you may learn from participating in the Program. Further, you agree and understand that this Agreement is intended to be a complete unconditional release of liability and assumption of risk to the greatest extent permitted by law.
5. You understand the Program is experiential in nature and any information presented in the Program is not intended to represent that TKH is used to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any medical problem or psychological disorder nor is TKH intended as a substitute for seeking professional health care advice. You agree to consult with your health care providers for any specific medical or psychological problems or issues. Further, you agree to continue any medical or psychological treatments that you’re currently receiving and to not stop seeing any of your health care professionals or using prescribed medication, if any, without consulting with your health care professional, even if after participating in the Program you believe that such medication, treatment, or therapy is unnecessary.
6. Although people report having positive experiences participating in the Program, please be advised it’s possible to experience emotional distress or physical discomfort which could be perceived as negative side effects. It’s also possible to experience some emotional distress and/or physical discomfort related to stressful or traumatic experiences you may have had earlier in your life. If you inadvertently experience any emotional distress or physical discomfort participating in the Program and/or using TKH, you are advised to stop and to seek professional care, if appropriate.
7. THE PROGRAM IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Therefore, by participating in the Program and using TKH, you understand the Academy and the Presenter make no warranty, guarantee, or prediction regarding any outcome for you for any particular purpose or issue. Further, you agree and understand that the Academy and the Presenter accept no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the use or misuse of TKH.
8. The Materials presented in the Program are owned by the Academy and are confidential, proprietary, and protected by intellectual property and copyright laws. You may not duplicate, screen grab, modify, publish, post on Facebook or other social media sites, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, distribute, display, reproduce or perform, or in any way exploit in any format whatsoever any of the Materials presented in the Program. Any unauthorized use or distribution of the Academy’s Materials and confidential, proprietary, and intellectual property rights by you or your representatives is prohibited and the Academy will pursue legal action and full damages if these terms are violated.
9. You understand that your participation in the Program is strictly voluntary, at your own risk, and that you freely choose to participate. You represent that you are competent and able to understand the nature and consequences of participating in the Program and using TKH and that you are an adult under the laws of the state of your residence and have the right to enter into this Agreement. If you are a parent or legal guardian agreeing to this Agreement for the benefit of a minor, be advised that you are fully responsible for said minor’s participation in the Program and using TKH.
10. You understand that because the Program is delivered digitally, that there are no refunds for any reason after you have purchased the Program. If you are paying for the Program via installments, and cease to pay, for whatever reasons, your access to the Program Student Portal will be revoked. In such an event, you will not be reimbursed for any unused portion of the Program. It is your responsibility to contact the Program Director if you need to update or change any billing information or you can go to KarenKan.com/SelfBilling to access your account to make the necessary changes.
11. While the Presenter is a licensed physician in the State of New York, you understand that the Program is not part of her medical practice. Furthermore, you understand that purchasing and participating in the Program does not create a physician-patient or any other type of professional relationship between you and the Presenter and should not be relied upon as medical, psychological, or other professional advice of any kind or nature.
12. Any and all matters in dispute between the parties to this Agreement, whether arising from or relating to this Agreement itself, or arising from alleged extra-contractual facts prior to, during, or subsequent to this Agreement, including, without limitation, fraud, misrepresentation, negligence or any other alleged tort or violation of the contract, shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of State of New York, without regard to conflicts of law doctrines and regardless of the legal theory upon which such matter is asserted. If a court finds any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable as applied to any circumstance, then the remainder of this Agreement will be interpreted to best carry out the intent of the parties. This Agreement shall be binding upon you, your heir(s), representative(s), successor(s), and assign(s).
By purchasing the Program, you acknowledge that you have carefully and completely read and fully understand all aspects of this Agreement. For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, you and your heir(s), representative(s), successor(s), and assign(s) agree to forever, fully release, indemnify, hold harmless, and defend, the Presenter and the Academy, its owner(s), member(s),employee(s), staff, representative, agents, consultants, volunteers, and others associated with the Academy, from any and all claims or liability, of whatsoever kind or nature, and for any damage or injury, including but not limited to, financial, legal, personal, emotional, physical, psychological, medical, or otherwise, which you may incur arising at any time as a result of your voluntary decision to participate in the Program.
“TOLPAKAN” and “Divine Muscle Testing” are trademarks of Karen Kan, LLC and may only be used with permission from Karen Kan, LLC.
© 2019 Midge Murphy, all rights reserved. Any use of this Program User Agreement other than by Karen Kan, LLC. is prohibited by federal law. No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, for public and/or private use without permission in writing from Midge Murphy, midgemurphy.com